If you subscribe to the Utah Beer News e-newsletter, you know we’ve got our glasses raised to a great weekend for Oktoberfest (and other) beer-drinking merriment. There’s bound to be one or two Craft Beer Events along the Wasatch Front — and beyond — this weekend to satisfy your tastebuds.
Take a look and be sure to let us know which craft beer events you’ll be hitting up. Yours isn’t mentioned below? Tell us about it…and then be sure to kindly suggest to the host brewery that they send event info our way next time.
As always, it’s best to verify details with event organizers ahead of time.
4th West Oktoberfest
This event’s always a lot of fun. 4th West neighbors Mountain West Hard Cider and Red Rock Brewing team up for two days of beer, cider, live music, local art, and fun for the whole family. Yes, all ages are welcome.
- DATES: Sept. 28-29
- TIME: Saturday 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- LOCATION: The Garten, 417 N. 400 West
- TICKETS: $8 each day with a mug, $6 without. But if you’re going to be drinking alcohol, you’ll need an official mug. Purchase here or at the door.
- MORE INFO: Lots of details — including music and vendor profiles — on the Facebook event listing and Eventbrite page.
T.F. Brewing Oktoberfest
Get ready to celebrate Oktoberfest with the Templins. One of Salt Lake’s newer breweries, which specializes in German-style lagers, will mark its first anniversary at the end of October.
But this weekend it’s all about Oktoberfest.
“Wear your best German fest attire and come prepared to drink and eat the day away!” T.F. encourages.
Bavarian food will be provided by Beltex Meats. Nibble on pretzels and other treats. And, of course, wash it down with plenty of German-style “biers.”
Plus, T.F. Brewing recently became Utah’s only member of the U.S. Steinholding Association. The first competition will be held on Saturday. Test your strength — and don’t spill the beer! Check out Utah Beer Blog for additional details on this unique activity.
- DATE: Sept. 28
- TIME: Festivities start at noon
- LOCATION: T.F. Brewing, 936 S. 300 West
- TICKETS: $15 in advance, $20 day-of (includes a special edition Templin Family Oktoberfest glass mug filled with a delicious draft beer). Purchase here.
- MORE INFO: Visit T.F. on Instagram and check out the Facebook event listing.
Kiitos 2-Year Anniversary Party
As I mentioned in the e-newsletter, I can’t believe Kiitos Brewing is only two. It seems like the Granary District staple’s been around longer. I guess a constant stream of sought-after beers, a comfortable arcade-filled taproom, and a Great American Beer Festival gold medal will do that.
Anyway, help Kiitos celebrate! The brewery will be releasing two new to-go beers (a barrel-aged blend and a chocolate and coconut pastry stout).
They’ll be pouring six new draft beers as well: Finnish Sahti, Belgian Wit, Belgian Single, Tangerine Dream Session IPA, Apricot Dream Session IPA, and Fruit Milkshake Ale with Peach.
Try your hand at axe throwing or cornhole — or both — and enjoy eats from 8th St. Tacos and Ernie’s Sports Deli food trucks.
- DATE: Sept. 28
- TIME: Festivities start at 2 p.m.
- LOCATION: Kiitos Brewing, 608 W. 700 South
- MORE INFO: Facebook event listing.
Another year is winding down for the granddaddy of Utah Oktoberfest celebrations. But there are still a few weekends left to enjoy a stein and a sausage while breathing in the fresh mountain air. Admission to the all-ages festival is free (but the beers aren’t).
- DATES: Sept. 28-29 (and weekends through Oct. 20)
- TIME: Noon-6 p.m.
- LOCATION: Snowbird
- MORE INFO: Visit the Snowbird website
Heber Valley Brewing Oktoberfest
I missed this one in the e-newsletter, but I’m glad I caught it now. Utah’s newest brewery is jumping headfirst into the Oktoberfest frivolity. This 21+ event actually starts on Friday afternoon and runs all weekend at Heber Valley Brewing Co.
A beer garden, outdoor games, and a release of an Oktoberfest beer are all on tap. Plus, Rimmels (German street food) and Taqueria Los Cuñados will be parked on-site delivering up some eats.
- DATES: Sept. 27-29
- TIME: Friday 3-11 p.m.; Saturday 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- LOCATION: Heber Valley Brewing, 501 N. Main Street, Heber City
- MORE INFO: Facebook event listing