The talk this week is about how and when to “reopen the economy.” This, as Utah continues to experience an increase in confirmed coronavirus, or COVID-19, cases. The state’s coronavirus-related death toll continues to rise as well.
A big step required to reopen the economy involves service industries. While many bars, restaurants, and breweries in Utah remain open for to-go orders, it’s still unclear when customers will be allowed to set foot inside for a drink or a meal.
It’s obvious there’s no easy answer. No crystal ball to tell officials: “It’s now safe to open bars and restaurants to dine-in customers.”
Whichever date is ultimately chosen — May 1? May 15? June 1? — is undoubtedly arbitrary, to some degree. Perhaps it will be months or even years before it’s 100% safe to fully “reopen.”
As Utah Beer News has documented over the last several weeks, businesses and consumers are faced with gut-wrenching options. As discussions turn toward implementing plans to reopen, more questions arise:
- Should businesses open if employees and customers continue to be at risk of contracting coronavirus?
- If businesses aren’t allowed to open soon, will these bars, restaurants, and breweries survive long enough to open when they get the go-ahead?
- Will consumers’ buying patterns return to what they once were? That is, will they be inclined to dine at restaurants or drink at bars as they did in the past?
Scroll for the latest from each Utah brewery during the coronavirus pandemic.
Events in the Age of Coronavirus
In the beer world, officials on Tuesday canceled Oktoberfest in Munich. It could be only a matter of time before the plug is pulled on the 2020 Great American Beer Festival.
Closer to home, the Utah Brewers Guild previously canceled its collaboration festival set for June 27, while Tour de Brewtah organizers postponed its annual bike-and-beer event indefinitely. Lagerpalooza, which generally takes place each May at Bohemian Brewery, is a no-go, too (but the homebrew competition is still on). It remains to be seen if the Utah Beer Festival, which is slated for Aug. 15-16, goes on as planned.
Ever the resourceful bunch, many breweries are planning virtual events. A few that caught our eye this week:
- The Birds & The Bees: A live pairing featuring beers from Roosters Brewing Co. and cheeses from Beehive Cheese. It’s set for April 22 at 6 p.m.
- Shady Girls Live: Shades Brewing bartenders are hosting a virtual bar experience live on Instagram — @shadestaproom — Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
- Talisman’s Virtual Hoppy Hour: Talisman Brewing in Ogden is hosting an online happy hour on April 24 at 6 p.m. Crack open a bottle of Comin’ in Hop and let the brewers give you the inside scoop on the beer.
Beer Releases Continue
While events that draw crowds have been called off, coronavirus fears haven’t seemed to halt brewing or beer releases.
In some cases, the pandemic may provide more time for brewers to get creative with limited-release offerings (since, presumably, they don’t need to brew their core beers as often to supply bars and restaurants). In certain instances, the small-batch, sought-after beers draw long lines and barely last the afternoon before selling out.
That approach isn’t universally applauded by Utah’s beer drinkers.
In an informal poll on the Utah Beer News Facebook Page, I asked whether beer drinkers liked the idea of these small-batch releases that sell out quickly. In a somewhat even split, 57% gave the practice a thumbs down, while 43% gave it a thumbs up (111 responses).
I’ll likely have more on that in the next Utah Beer News e-newsletter. If you’re not yet a subscriber, please consider signing up. It’s free.
Previous Utah Beer News Coronavirus Coverage
- April 16: Coronavirus Update No. 5: One Month In and Still Fighting
- April 8: Coronavirus Update No. 4: The Numbers Aren’t Pretty
- March 31: Coronavirus Update No. 3: Notable Utah Beer News
- March 25: Coronavirus Update No. 2: Utah Breweries Show Resilience.
- March 16: Coronavirus Outbreak: Utah Breweries React & Respond.
Utah Breweries: The Latest
Here are a few items of note:
- Fisher Brewing reopened this week and is selling crowlers to-go. The brewery is open from 2-7 p.m. and it will have different beers available daily. Keep an eye on its Instagram for the latest.
- Grid City Beer Works, which had hoped to hold its grand opening in March, is moving ahead with its “not so ideal but better than nothing” grand opening. Starting April 23, from noon to 8 p.m., Grid City will be accepting telephone orders for beer and food to-go. Call (801) 906-8390. Complete details are available here.
- Shades Brewing is planning to release the latest in its Kveik Earthquake Series on April 23 at 3 p.m. Magna-Tude (in my opinion, the most clever of the earthquake-themed names) is a sour ale brewed with orange, ginger, and honey. Limited to one six-pack per person. Shades is also hosting a Virtual Bar Experience — Shady Girls Live — Wednesdays at 7 p.m. And finally, the South Salt Lake brewery is formalizing the launch of Livli, its new hard-seltzer brand.
- T.F. Brewing is releasing its version of All Together, a worldwide collaboration project spearheaded by Other Half Brewing in New York. Hundreds of breweries around the world are brewing a New England-style IPA to benefit service industry workers. Sales of the T.F. version will directly benefit the brewery’s staff. It’s available starting April 24 at noon ($5/can).
- City Weekly and KRCL 90.9 FM radio continue daily segments on the station’s RadioACTive program (listen live). The 6 p.m. segments are dubbed #quarantinecocktails. Each day during the #staysafestayhome order, the segment will feature “local brewers, distillers, bars, and restaurants to let you know what the makers are making.”
A Full Rundown
I’ve been keeping in touch with Utah breweries and compiled a rundown of how each is attempting to weather an unprecedented storm.
Considering the ever-changing world right now, it’s always best to confirm the information with individual establishments. 🍻 Breweries: Please notify me of any inaccuracies. The date of the latest update is in parentheses.
2 Row Brewing
- Hours: M-W 11 a.m.-6 p.m.; Th-Sa 11 a.m.-7 p.m. (closed Sunday)
- Telephone: (801) 987-8663
- Website: https://2rowbrewing.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/2rowbrewing/
Avenues Proper is offering curbside food service (menu). You’re now able to order food online. Its packaged beer-to-go store is also open, though you must come inside (one at a time) to purchase beer. (3/25)
- Hours: Tu-Su 11 a.m.-9 p.m. (closed Monday)
- Telephone: (385) 227-8628.
- Website: http://www.avenuesproper.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/avenues_proper/
Bewilder Brewing is now open Thursday through Sunday. Salt Lake’s “newest brewpub…turned food-to-go” is also filling growlers — and crowlers! — to-go and is selling gift cards. Download the Digital Pour app to get a real-time look at Bewilder’s tap list. (4/22)
- Hours: Th-Su 12-7 p.m.
- Telephone: (385) 528-3840
- Website: https://bewilderbrewing.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bewilderbeer/
- Hours: N/A
- Telephone: (801) 566-5474
- Website: http://www.bohemianbrewery.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bohemianbrewery/
Bonneville Brewery is open for food and beer to-go. (3/25)
- Hours: Daily 12-8 p.m
- Telephone: (435) 248-0646
- Website: https://bonnevillebrewery.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bonnevillebrewery/
Desert Edge Brewery
Desert Edge said it is suspending operations indefinitely. (3/17)
- Hours: N/A
- Telephone: (801) 521-8917
- Website: https://desertedgebrewery.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/desertedgebrewery/
Epic is open for beer-to-go. It also released its Pink Boots Imperial Pink Ale and Super IPA Me — available now at the Salt Lake bottle shop. Order ahead of time online — mix and match your own case — for pickup. (4/8)
- Hours: M-Th 11 a.m.-9 p.m.; Fr-Sa 10 a.m.-11 p.m.; Su 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Telephone: (801) 906-0123
- Website: https://www.epicbrewing.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/epicslc/
As mentioned above, Fisher Brewing reopened this week and is selling crowlers to-go. The brewery is open from 2-7 p.m. and it will have different beers available daily. Keep an eye on its Instagram for the latest. It’s also selling merchandise online, as well as gift cards. (4/22)
- Hours: Daily 2-7 p.m.
- Telephone: (801) 487-2337
- Website: http://www.fisherbeer.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fisherbrewing/
Grid City Beer Works
Grid City Beer Works, Utah’s newest brewery, had planned to hold its grand opening in March. Now, it’s moving ahead with its “not so ideal but better than nothing” grand opening. Starting April 23, from noon to 8 p.m., Grid City will be accepting telephone orders for beer and food to-go. Complete details are available here. (4/22)
- Hours: Daily 12-8 p.m.
- Telephone: (801) 906-8390
- Website: https://gridcitybeerworks.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gridcitybeer/
Heber Valley Brewing
- Hours: Daily 1-6 p.m.
- Telephone: (435) 315-3815
- Website: https://www.hebervalleybrewing.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hebervalleybrewing/
Hopkins Brewing Co.
Hopkins Brewing is tapping its Stonewall Sour Saison on April 24. The Sugar House brewery brewed this one last year for Pride Month but decided to get it out earlier this year. It features local Solstice red wheat malt, flaked oats, and flaked rye. Cascade hops, coriander, and orange peel are added in the whirlpool.
“This beer has a nice lemon zest tartness and clocks in at 3.6% ABV for a nice warm weather quencher. (Not all draft beer HAS to be 5%),” says brewer Chad Hopkins.
Hopkins also updated its hours and added a new food menu. (4/22)
- Hours: W-F 4-8 p.m.; Sa-Su 12-8 p.m.
- Telephone: (385) 528-3275
- Website: http://hopkinsbrewingcompany.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hopkinsbrewingco/
Hoppers Grill & Brewing
Hoppers is offering food-to-go (updated menu), as well as a Family Special. Through April 30, for every gift card purchase of $50, you will receive a $15 bonus gift card. Those are available online or onsite.
Hoppers is also offering a 2 for $20 deal. Mix and match any two items for $20, choose a side to share, and get a free order of cheese fries. Oh, and the Midvale brewpub earned Best of State honors for its brunch for the second straight year. Congrats. Order online via ChowNow. (4/16)
- Hours: Tu-Su 12-7 p.m. (closed Mondays)
- Telephone: (801) 566-0424
- Website: https://www.hoppersbrewpub.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hoppersbrewpub/
Kiitos Brewing is selling beers to-go from its beer store. It released a 5% ABV Triple Dry Hopped IPA on April 15. Earlier, it released Red is the New Pink, a hoppy red all that features the 2019 Pink Boots Society hops blend. Plus, merchandise and gift cards are available. (4/16)
- Hours: M-Sa 12-8 p.m. (closed Sundays)
- Telephone: (801) 215-9165
- Website: https://kiitosbrewing.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kiitosbrewing/
Level Crossing Brewing
Level Crossing Brewing reconfigured its taproom to maximize the safety for customers and staff. Crowlers of draft beer are now $5 each (Peach Blonde is back). Call (385) 270-5752 to place a to-go order (here’s the menu). The South Salt Lake brewery is also delivering food (order online). (4/16)
- Hours: Daily 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Telephone: (385) 270-5752
- Website: https://levelcrossingbrewing.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/levelcrossingbrewing/
- Hours: Daily 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Telephone: (435) 259-6333
- Website: https://themoabbrewery.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/moabbrewery/
Mountain West Hard Cider
The Mountain West Hard Cider bottle shop is open for to-go ciders. Call ahead for curbside pickup. Mountain West was working with the DABC to get approval for small-batch ciders, and apparently that is going well. Pomme Paloma is a small batch hard cider that includes a unique hop blend and grapefruit juice. It’s a collaboration with the Pink Boots Society.
Mountain West says it will be released “In The Future,” and followers will be the first to know. Stay tuned. It’s also conducting weekly “virtual happy hours” online. (4/8)
- Hours: M-Th 11 a.m.-9 p.m.; Fr-Sa 11 a.m.-10 p.m.; Su 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Telephone: (801) 935-4147
- Website: https://mountainwestcider.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mountainwestcider/
Park City Brewery
It no longer has a taproom presence, but you can pick up Park City beers at various grocery stores around town. It recently released a “Mountain Mix Pack.” (3/18)
- Hours: N/A
- Telephone: (435) 200-8906
- Website: https://www.parkcitybrewery.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/parkcitybrewery/
Policy Kings Brewery
The Cedar City brewery released a 6% ABV wheat ale. Policy Kings is also filling growlers to go for $20 and six-packs to-go are also $20. (4/22)
- Hours: Tu-Su 4-7 p.m.
- Telephone: N/A
- Website: http://policykingsbrewery.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/policykingsbrewery/
Proper Brewing Co.
Proper Brewing thinks we all deserve something a little softer these days. That’s why on April 24 the brewery is releasing 32-ounce crowlers of its latest limited release: Puppies and Kittens.
It’s the “Lake Effect Gose” base recipe (without the salt, sour, and coriander and added fruity dry hops). “The fruity and smooth wheaty flavors are reminiscent of a New England-style pale ale, or a kitten in a pool of sunshine, or a basket of puppies…” Proper says.
You’re still able to pick up canned beers (5% and high point) at Proper. Pre-filled crowlers ar $5 (it recently released a new batch of Blizzard Wizard, a white pale ale with Motueka hops, and Hey Joe, a new amber ale). It also found a secret stash of Monolith, an imperial stout aged in grenache and rye whiskey barrels. Growlers are being filled from 4-8 p.m. New growlers only ($3) and fills are $9.
Its neighbor — Proper Burger Co. — is offering curbside pickup. (4/22)
- Hours: Daily 12-8 p.m.
- Telephone: (801) 953-1707
- Website: http://www.properbrewingco.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/properbrewingco/
Red Rock Brewing
All menu items at the Red Rock pubs (Downtown, Fashion Place, Park City) are available to-go. Hours are 12-8 p.m. and here’s the online menu. For a limited time, take 50% off your curbside order (Code: RED50). The Red Rock Beer Store is selling beer-to-go (from its parking lot, even!) and the new 25-Year Anniversary Belgian Style Quad is now available. Oh, and pick up a barrel (empty) for $50 for your crafty projects and such. Credit cards only. Red Rock is also able to sell packaged beer to go from its downtown pub. And it’s hiring!
The Red Rock Beer Store hinted that Paardebloem may be coming soon. Stay tuned. (4/22)
- Hours: Beer Store — M-F 11 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sa 11 a.m.-5 p.m.; Fashion Place — Daily 12-8 p.m.; Downtown — M 12-11 p.m.; T 11 a.m.-11 p.m.; W-F 11 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sa 10:30 a.m.-8 p.m.; Su 10:30 a.m.-11 p.m.; Park City — M-Th 11 a.m.-10 p.m.; Fr-Sa 11 a.m.-11 p.m.; Su 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Telephone: Beer Store — (801) 214-3386; Fashion Place — (801) 262-2337; Downtown — (801) 521-7446; Park City — (435) 575-0295.
- Website: https://redrockbrewing.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/redrockbrewing/
RoHa Brewing Project
As of April 15, RoHa Brewing Project is temporarily no longer accepting cash. The Salt Lake brewery, which is celebrating its three-year anniversary this month (they celebrated social-distance style), is selling beer to-go and filling new growlers purchased on-site.
Keep an eye out for High on the Hop, a so-called “lazy IPA” that clocks in at 5% ABV. It’s described as a tropical, silky smooth hop bomb (with minimal bitterness). It’s scheduled to be available on May 2.
Oh, and RoHa’s doing something fun — it’s sprinkling gold-topped cans in six-packs at grocery and convenience stores, liquor stores — and even the taproom. If you find one, take it to RoHa for a $25 gift card.
RoHa’s also made available online gift cards. (4/22)
- Hours: M-Sa 12-7 p.m.
- Telephone: (385) 227-8982
- Website: https://rohabrewing.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rohabrewing/
Roosters is hosting a virtual beer and cheese pairing event on April 22 at 6 p.m. They’ll pair three Beehive Cheese cheese offerings with six Roosters brews. Pick up a “pairing pack” ahead of time at Roosters B Street. Earlier this week, Roosters made On Wednesdays We Wear Pink Boots available to go in crowlers. (4/16)
Online ordering is now available for Roosters Brewing 25th Street. B Street Brewery and Layton locations are to follow. Roosters is open for curbside food pickup (menus online).
Roosters debuted its newest beer on April 1. High Desert Hazy is a Session Hazy IPA hopped with New Zealand Southern Cross hops. The 5% ABV beer will be available to go at all three Roosters locations. It will find its way into grocery in the coming weeks.
Only at Layton (breweries can only sell high-point beer at the location where it was brewed, per Utah law): Roosters’ 25th Anniversary Barrel Aged Barley Wine.
“This complex ale was rested in Porters Whiskeys rye barrels for 10 months, then blended with a fresh batch,” Roosters wrote. $12/bottle. (4/8)
For every takeout order of $25 or more, Roosters is including a $10 gift certificate to be used on your next visit at any Roosters location or its partner restaurant, Union Grill. (3/24)
- Hours: B Street — M-F 11:30 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sa 12-8 p.m.; Su 3-8 p.m.; 25th Street — M-F 11:30 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sa-Su 3-8 p.m.; Layton — M-F 11:30 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sa-Su 3-8 p.m.
- Telephone: B Street — (801) 689-2879; 25th Street — (801) 627-6171; Layton — (801) 774-9330
- Website: https://www.roostersbrewingco.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roostersbrewing/
SaltFire released its Gin Barrel-Aged IPA on April 16. The limited-edition-series brew is aged in Beehive Distilling gin barrels. (4/16)
- Hours: Daily 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Telephone: (385) 955-0504
- Website: https://www.saltfirebrewing.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/saltfirebrewing/
Salt Flats Brewing
The Salt Flats package agency is open and selling beer to-go. It’s also now producing and selling hand sanitizer. Recently, it began shipping the sanitizer via FedEx (order online). Here is a nice FAQ for Salt Flats Sanitizer. By the way, congrats to Salt Flats Distillery on winning some American Craft Spirits Association awards. (4/16)
- Hours: Daily 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Telephone: (801) 828-3469
- Website: https://www.saltflatsbeerandspirits.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/saltflatsbrewing/
As mentioned above, Shades Brewing is planning to release the latest in its Kveik Earthquake Series on April 23 at 3 p.m. at the brewery. Magna-Tude is a sour ale brewed with orange, ginger, and honey. Limited to one six-pack per person. Shades is also hosting a Virtual Bar Experience — Shady Girls Live — Wednesdays at 7 p.m. And finally, the South Salt Lake brewery is formalizing the launch of Livli, its new hard-seltzer brand.
Head Brewer Marcio Buffolo is also hosting Brewers Talks, which broadcast live on Instagram. Tune in at 4 p.m. on April 25-26 to hear a discussion between Buffolo and area brewers. (4/22)
Earlier, Shades Brewing set up curbside “beer pick-up” tents in front of the brewery’s dock. It also built an “emergency pack” with 24 sorted beers ready to go for $50 plus tax.
Beer drinkers are still able to select their own beers, but the pack is designed for a quick transaction.
The “emergency pack” includes the following (2 each): Aphrodite Belgian Blonde Ale, Premium Lager, Imperial Lager, Grapefruit Revolution Hazy & Juicy IPA, Slick City Citrus IPA, Kveik Rotator, Plum Berliner Weisse, Misdirected IPA, Double Trub’l Double IPA, Fit Lager, Kveik. And one each: Fit Brut IPA and Fit Blonde. (3/25)
- Hours: Daily 3-7 p.m.
- Telephone: (435) 200-3009
- Website: https://www.shadesbrewing.beer/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shades_brewing/
Silver Reef Brewing
The Silver Reef store is open from 2-6 p.m. (except Sunday). You’re able to purchase beer and spirits to go, as well as hand sanitizer. It also recently shipped a bunch of beer to Costco in St. George. (4/16)
- Hours: M-Sa 2-6 p.m. (closed Sunday)
- Telephone: N/A
- Website: https://www.stgeorgebev.com/home
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/silverreefbeer/
Squatters Craft Beers
Squatters has food and beer to-go at its downtown pub (menu, PDF). (3/25)
- Hours: Daily 12-8 p.m.
- Telephone: (801) 363-2739
- Website: https://www.squatters.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/squattersbeers/
Strap Tank Brewery
- Hours: Su-Th 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; F-Sa 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Telephone: Springville — (385) 325-0262; Lehi — (385) 352-8194
- Website: https://straptankbrewery.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/straptankbrewingco/
Talisman Brewing in Ogden is hosting an online happy hour on April 24 at 6 p.m. Crack open a bottle of Comin’ in Hop and let the brewers give you the inside scoop on the beer. (4/22)
Talisman is open normal business hours for beer-to-go. It’s offering $12 growler fills, and creating a mixed six-pack of its 5% beer for $20. (3/25)
- Hours: M-Th 3-8 p.m.; Fr-Sa 12-8 p.m. (closed Sunday)
- Telephone: (385) 389-2945
- Website: https://www.talismanbrewingco.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/talismanbrewingco/
T.F. Brewing is releasing its version of All Together, a worldwide collaboration project spearheaded by Other Half Brewing in New York. Hundreds of breweries around the world are brewing a New England-style IPA to benefit service industry workers. Sales of the T.F. version will directly benefit the brewery’s staff. It’s available starting April 24 at noon ($5/can). (4/22)
- Hours: Daily 12-8 p.m.
- Telephone: (385) 270-5972
- Website: https://www.tfbrewing.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tfbrewing/
Toasted Barrel Brewery
- Hours: W-Sa 2-6 p.m.
- Telephone: (801) 657-6942
- Website: https://www.toastedbarrelbrewery.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/toastedbarrelbrewery/
The General Store remains open for beer — and merchandise — to-go. Last week Uinta released a Piña Colada Milkshake Pale Ale. Earlier, it began selling Pink Boots Have More Fun, a blonde ale featuring the Pink Boots Society hops blend. Also of note, this year’s edition of Birthday Suit, a lemon blackberry tart ale with lactose, as well as Uinta’s new Freeform IPA, a 99 calorie beer. (4/22)
Check out UtahBeerStores.com, a new website designed by Uinta for Utah breweries to update their own information (hours, address, available beers, etc.). (3/25)
- Hours: Tu-Sa 12-6 p.m.
- Telephone: (801) 467-0228
- Website: http://www.uintabrewing.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/uintabrewing/
UTOG is offering $5 crowlers and $14.99 mixed packs (or get a case for $34). The 12-pack includes Mandarina Kölsch, Power Play Pilsner, Son of a Peach Hefeweizen, and a Brewer’s Choice. It’s available at the brewery’s beer store. (4/22)
- Hours: Daily 12-5 p.m.
- Telephone: (801) 725-2402
- Website: https://www.utogbrewing.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/utogbrewingco/
Vernal Brewing Company is open for beer to-go and curbside pickup. (3/19)
- Hours: Daily 11:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Telephone: (435) 781-2337
- Website: http://www.vernalbrewing.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vernalbrewingco/
Wasatch Brewery in Sugar House is offering curbside food pickup (menu, PDF) and beer to-go. The West Side Tavern is open for beer to-go. Wasatch partnered with Sugar House Distillery to produce hand sanitizer. The brewery also put together a pack of Juicy IPA and Island Hop Tropical IPA. They’re available at all Wasatch locations. (4/22)
- Hours: Daily 12-8 p.m.
- Telephone: Sugar House — (801) 783-1127; Park City — (435) 649-0900; West Side Tavern — (801) 466-8855
- Website: https://www.wasatchbeers.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wasatchbeers/
- Hours: Springdale — M-Su 11:30 a.m.-10 p.m.; St. George — M-Su 6-9 p.m.
- Telephone: Springdale — (435) 772-0336; St. George — N/A
- Website: https://www.zionbrewery.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/zionbrewery/
You’re able to find sampler 12-packs of Zólupez beer at various grocery stores around the state. Zólupez announced that six-packs of its beer will be arriving soon. (4/22)
- Hours: Daily 12-8 p.m.
- Telephone: (801) 961-8400
- Website: https://www.utahbayou.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/utahbayou/
Beer Bar closed its doors temporarily. (3/17)
- Hours: N/A
- Telephone: (801) 355-2287
- Website: http://www.beerbarslc.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/beerbarslc/
The Beerhive Pub is temporarily closed. (3/16)
- Hours: N/A
- Telephone: (801) 364-4268
- Website: N/A
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/beerhive_pub/
Craft by Proper
The Utah-only beer bar closed its doors temporarily. (3/17)
- Hours: N/A
- Telephone: (385) 242-7186
- Website: http://www.craftbyproper.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craftbyproper/
Slackwater Pizzeria & Pub (Ogden & Sandy)
Slackwater Sandy is planning to reopen for curbside service on April 27. It’s unclear if Slackwater in Ogden will be opening as well, and if beer will be available to go from the Sandy location. (4/22)
- Hours: Sandy — Keep an eye on Slackwater’s Instagram
- Telephone: Ogden — (801) 399-0637; Sandy — (801) 930-5147
- Website: https://slackwaterpizzeria.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/slackwaterpub/
The Beer Nut Homebrew Shop
The Beer Nut reopened on April 11 for curbside pickup. (4/16)
- Hours: M-Sa 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m.; Su 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Telephone: (801) 531-8182
- Website: https://www.beernut.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/beernuthomebrew/
Salt City Brew Supply Homebrew Shop
- Hours: M-F 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sa 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; Su 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Telephone: (801) 849-0955
- Website: http://www.saltcitybrewsupply.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/saltcitybrewsupply/
Brewvies Cinema Pub
- Hours: N/A
- Telephone: (801) 355-5500
- Website: http://www.brewvies.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brewvies/
As of April 22, Utah had 3,296 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 32 coronavirus-related deaths.