The Brewers Association kicked off its 15th annual American Craft Beer Week. The 2021 installment, which runs from May 10-16, celebrates America’s small and independent craft brewers.
Utah brewers, breweries, and finer beer-drinking establishments are celebrating the craft all week long. Many will release special beers, offer daily deals, and participate in beer-related events.
Updated May 16, 2021
Here are a few highlights I came across on social media. Breweries, please feel free to send me details if you’d like your American Craft Beer Week activities listed.
Incidentally, the latest Virtual Taproom episode features Jeremy Ragonese, president of Uinta Brewing. The second half of the conversation focuses on American Craft Beer Week. Take a look…
As always, please confirm details with individual breweries. The schedule is subject to change. If you don’t see your favorite brewery’s specials or events listed here, please let me know! I plan to update this article throughout American Craft Beer Week, so be sure to check back.
2 Row Brewing
Stop in to 2 Row Brewing this week and get a growler filled for $4. Bring in any 64-ounce growler and get it filled with Separation IPA, Roll Out Stout, or hIPAcrit IPA.
$3 for select pints all week, as well as 10% off Bewilder Brewing merchandise. One of Utah’s newer breweries plans to release a new beer on Friday, too. Keep an eye on Bewilder’s social for additional details.
On May 14, stop into Bohemian Brewery and get a free (empty) 64-ounce growler. Once you have it, you’re welcome to do with it what you’d like. Perhaps fill it with Noble Hefeweizen? Or maybe Beer X, a Helles that is currently my favorite Bohemian beer.
Epic released its Sour Brainless on Pink Guava on Sunday. Keep an eye on its social for more from American Craft Beer Week.
- Tuesday: Epic plans to release its second batch of its Imperial Pink Ale. It’s a collaboration with Pink Boots Society Utah. A portion of each bottle sold goes to the Pink Boots Society, which empowers women in the alcohol beverage industry through education.
You’ll want to keep an eye on Hopkins Brewing’s Instagram Stories this week. That’s where the Sugar House brewery plans to announce its daily small-batch beer releases.
Merchandise is on sale at Kiitos Brewing. Take 20% off hats, glasses, shirts, and hoodies. Plus, Kiitos is running a special on party shirts.
- Monday: The release of Coconut Latte
- Tuesday: Big Gay Ale — canned with glitter
- Wednesday: A seasonal firkin (Coffee Cream Ale with triple the amount of coffee and some pumpkin spice)
- Friday: A new West Coast IPA. Chimichurri Grill will be serving dinner on the patio
- Saturday: Cluck Truck will be on-site serving dinner
Level Crossing Brewing
Level Crossing plans to release several special beers throughout the week. The lineup includes: Oat Hazy Session IPA, Fancy Lad Dry Irish Stout with Black Cherries, and an Albino Stout on draft. Keep an eye on Level Crossing’s Instagram for additional details and specific release dates.
Red Rock Brewery
Red Rock expects to release the always-popular Paardebloem on Thursday. Here are additional details. By the way, we wrote about this unique beer in 2018.
RoHa Brewing Project
RoHa is putting the finishing touches on its American Craft Beer Week lineup. Release dates may change, so keep an eye here for updates (or on RoHa’s social).
- Tuesday: The South Salt Lake brewery plans to release the first in its Point Break Wild Sour Series. Johnny Utah is a kettle-soured wild beer fermented on a Brettanomyces blend given to RoHa by Fisher Brewing. It will be sold in crowlers only to-go. RoHa is planning to release the beer on May 11.
- Wednesday: As part of RoHa’s Firkin Wednesdays, a Pineapple Sour will be tapped. This one’s scheduled to be available at 5 p.m. on May 12. Toritos Tacos will be on-site from 5-9 p.m. as well.
- Thursday: Live music on the RoHa patio from 6-7:30 p.m. on May 13.
- Friday: RoHa will tap a full-sized firkin at 4 p.m. on May 14. The keg is filled with a classic Extra Special Bitter (ESB). “This rich-bodied, malt-forward offering gives caramel notes and is well balanced,” RoHa says.
Roosters B Street in Ogden is releasing a new hazy pale ale. Big League Summer Haze is a nod to their friends at Big League Lawn Care.
Salt City Brew Supply
From the folks who brought us Bewilder Brewing — nearly a decade after bringing us Salt City Brew Supply — comes a 10th-anniversary celebration. That’s right. The Midvale homebrew shop is 10 years old, and it’s celebrating this weekend (May 15-16) with discounts and extra loyalty points.
Shades put out the call, and you responded. The brewery is bringing back three of your favorite sour ales, as well as a new beer. It also mentioned that these beers will be available at the tap takeover at Slackwater Sandy on May 12.
- Wednesday: Orange Creamsicle
- Thursday: Boysenberry Pie
- Friday: Passion Fruit Berliner Weisse
- Saturday: Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Silver Reef Brewing
Silver Reef on Wednesday released Planet Earth Double IPA. The 8% ABV brew features Amarillo, Waimea, and CTZ hops. It’s available only at Silver Reef in St. George.
Slackwater Pub & Pizzeria
Slackwater in Sandy is hosting a trio of tap takeovers to celebrate American Craft Beer Week. Joey Cardaccio talked about each a bit in our latest 3 Beers with Joey episode. Four beers from each brewery will be available for $4/pint.
- Monday: Ogden River Brewing
- Tuesday: Strap Tank Brewery
- Wednesday: Shades Brewing
- All Week: Two bottles of Spindrift IPA for $7
- Monday: Get a free keychain with each $40 purchase
- Wednesday: Adventures in IPA #9. An 8.4% ABV West Coast-style Double IPA with Columbus, Chinook, Simcoe, and Centennial hops
- Friday: Raspberry Gose release
We got a rough outline of what Uinta is planning, but keep an eye on its social for full details throughout American Craft Beer Week.
As part of its experimental R&D program, Uinta is dry-hopping some classics:
- Monday: Was Angeles Lager dry-hopped with the Pink Boots Society hop blend. Golden Spike Hefeweizen dry-hopped with an experimental hop. Strawberry, tropical fruit notes.
- Wednesday: Trader IPA dry-hopped with Motueka, a hop used in Uinta’s Tu Meke Tart. Lime notes and key lime pie character.
Look for specials on Uinta merchandise throughout the week. And play the guess-the-beer-win-a-sign mystery flight game at the Brewhouse Pub.
UTOG Brewing is featuring a different beer each day during American Craft Beer Week.
- Monday: Synergy Coffee Lager
- Tuesday: Son of a Peach Hefeweizen
- Wednesday-Friday: TBD
Additional American Craft Beer Week 2021 Notes
- Fiddlers Elbow plans to offer specials on craft beer throughout the week
- The Bayou opened to dine-in service on Wednesday. Get the full details here.
If you don’t see your favorite brewery’s specials or events listed here, please let me know! I plan to update this article throughout American Craft Beer Week, so be sure to check back.
Plan Your American Craft Beer Week 2021
Where will you be drinking this American Craft Beer Week? Let me know, and be sure to tag #UtahBeerNews, as well as #AmericanCraftBeerWeek and #LocalBeerisBetter on social media.