Utah brewers were recognized at the 22nd Annual North American Beer Awards for their beer-making prowess.
Midvale’s Bohemian Brewery walked away with two gold medals, while Epic Brewing Company, Hoppers Grill & Brewing Co., Proper Brewing Co., and Uinta Brewing Co. earned one gold apiece.
In all, Utah brewers and breweries claimed 20 medals.
Award-Winning Utah Breweries
The following Utah breweries earned medals in the 2018 North American Beer Awards (scroll further to see specific winning beers):
- Bohemian Brewery
- Bonneville Brewery
- Epic Brewing Company
- Hoppers Grill & Brewing Co.
- Kiitos Brewing
- Moab Brewery
- Proper Brewing Co.
- Red Rock Brewery
- RoHa Brewing Project
- Shades Brewing
- Uinta Brewing Co.
Winning Beers from Utah (Category in Parentheses)
- Gold — Bohemian Dortmunder Export (2D – Dortmunder Export)
- Gold — Cottonwood Common (15A – California Common)
- Silver — Bohemian Czech Style Pilsener (2C – Bohemian-style Pilsner)
- Bronze — Antelope Amber Ale (9A – Ordinary Bitter Best Bitter)
Epic Brewing Company
- Gold — Brainless Belgian-Style Golden Ale (13F – Belgian-style Pale Strong Ale)
- Bronze — Epic Imperial Stout (10L – Imperial Stout)
Hoppers Grill & Brewing Co.
- Gold — This is the Pilsener (2C – Bohemian-style Pilsner)
- Bronze — Wheat Ale (6A – American-style Wheat Ale)
- Silver — Moab Especial (6A – American-style Wheat Ale)
Proper Brewing Company
- Gold — Proper Beer (5E – English-style Summer Ale)
- Silver — Tripel Stamp (13E – Tripel)
- Silver — Mabon (12E – Dunkelweizen Weizen Bock)
Red Rock Brewing
- Silver — Secale (16C – Barrel-aged Beer)
- Bronze — White Rainbow (8E – Belgian-style India Pale Ale)
RoHa Brewing Project
- Silver — Kensington Grand Saison (13C – Biere de Garde)
- Silver — Misconception (8E – Belgian-style India Pale Ale)
- Bronze — Kveik #1 (14C – American-style Wild or Sour Ale)
Uinta Brewing Co.
- Gold — Croggy Brett Saison (14E – Brett Beer)
- Silver — RS Ale IPA (8A – Session-style India Pale Ale)
- Bronze — Grapefruit Hop Nosh IPA (17B – Fruit Beer)
Winners were announced on June 1 as part of the 2018 Mountain Brewers Beer Fest in Idaho Falls. About 100 breweries participate in the annual event, and in 2017 the competition received over 1,700 entries, organizers said.
Complete List of Winners (PDFs)
The event, in which proceeds benefit charities and non-profit organizations, has raised more than $1.25 million over the years, organizers said in a statement.