In 2019, a promising new player entered Utah’s beer festival lineup. More than two dozen Utah craft breweries teamed up to co-brew one-of-a-kind creations at the inaugural Utah Brewers Guild Fest.
The collaborative approach proved to be a welcome addition for craft beer lovers. And then it went on hiatus as in-person events became tricky to coordinate during heightened COVID times.
But now, the festival is back. It’s operating under a slightly different name — Utah Brewers Guild Collab Fest — but the premise remains. Thirty-two Utah breweries are teaming up to offer 16 unique brews at the Sept. 17 event.
“Collaborative beers showcase craft and creativity,” Utah Brewers Guild Executive Director Teri Mumm wrote in a news release. “Two breweries getting together to experiment and share techniques. Rarely do you get a chance to try so many creative brewed collaborations under one big tent.”
Utah Brewers Guild: Collaboration Brews
Here’s the lineup of beers scheduled to be available at the event, courtesy of the Utah Brewers Guild:
- Kiitos Brewing Co. & Grid City Beer Works: Deconstructed Barrel Rye Ale with Rye whiskey barrels
- Apex Brewing & SaltFire Brewing Company: War Pig Cascadian Dark Ale
- Moab Brewery & Proper Brewing Co.: Mo’Cold IPA
- Epic Brewing Company & TF Brewing Co.: Protect Yo Necta Hoppy Pilsner
- Prodigy Brewing & UTOG Brewing Company: Hip Hop Lemon Drop Shandy IPA
- Strap Tank Brewery & Hopkins Brewing Company: Hop Tank Lichtenhainer
- Roosters Brewing Co. & Fisher Brewing Company: Melon Days Watermelon Ale
- Park City Brewing & Level Crossing Brewing Company: It’s Always Sour in Philadelphia Sour IPA
- Heber Valley Brewing Company & Vernal Brewing Company: HWY 40 Smoked Dunkel
- Bewilder Brewing Co. & Bohemian Brewery: Goldy McBiscuits UK Golden Lager
- Uinta Brewing & Offset Bier Co.: What the Helles you Smoking?
- Desert Edge Brewery & RoHa Brewing Project: RoHave Desert Helles
- Zion Brewery & Silver Reef Brewing Co.: Peach Sour Ale
- Salt Flats Brewing Co. & Hoppers Brewing Co.: Stone Kite Pale Ale
- Wasatch Brewery & Helper Beer: Cold Rhythm IPA
- Squatters & Ogden River Brewing: Speed Bump Citra Pale Ale
If You Go…
- WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 17, 3-7 p.m. (VIP 2-7 p.m.)
- WHERE: McCarthey Plaza at Eccles Theater, 131 Main Street, Salt Lake City, UT, 84111
- WHAT: The festival pairs brewers from throughout Utah to create one-of-a-kind beers. It aims to highlight the cooperative nature of the Utah craft beer scene. It’s a fundraiser for the Utah Brewers Guild, which includes 36 member breweries. 21+ only.
- TICKETS: Start at $35 (plus fees and tax) and are available to purchase here. Each ticket includes a three-ounce taster glass and a passport good for 12 samples. Additional sample passes and tokens will be available for purchase onsite. VIP tickets ($60+fees/tax) are limited to 100 and include a swag bag and early access.
- MORE INFO: The Utah Brewers Guild is a nonprofit trade organization founded to provide a unified voice for Utah craft breweries and to help promote and educate its members and the community regarding craft beer and the craft beer industry.