Utah brewers were recognized at the 2022 International Beer Awards for their beer-making excellence.
Templin Family Brewing and Shades Brewing led Utah brewers’ efforts, each nabbing six medals. Four of T.F.’s medals were gold, leading the state in that regard as well.
In all, 18 Utah breweries claimed 49 medals. The medal count tops the 42-medal effort at the 2021 North American Brewers Association event.
View this post on Instagram
Award-Winning Utah Breweries
The following Utah breweries earned medals in the 2022 International Beer Awards (scroll further to see specific winning beers). Information provided by the North American Brewers Association:
- A. Fisher Brewing Company
- Bewilder Brewing
- Bohemian Brewery
- Grid City Beer Works
- Kiitos Brewing
- Level Crossing Brewing Co.
- Moab Brewery
- Mountain West Cider Company
- Offset Bier Co.
- Proper Brewing Co.
- Red Rock Brewery
- Salt Flats Brewing Co.
- Shades Brewing
- Strap Tank Brewery
- T.F. Brewing
- Uinta Brewing Co.
- Utah Brewers Cooperative (Squatters / Wasatch)
Winning Beers from Utah (Category in Parentheses)
A. Fisher Brewing Company
- Gold — Fisher Red (10F – American-style Amber Ale)
- Bronze — Sabbath Saison (14B – Saison)
- Gold — Dos Hazie Boi (9C – Hazy or Juicy Imperial or Double India Pale Ale)
- Gold — Wee Heavy (21A – Collaboration Beers) — with Strap Tank Brewery
- Bronze — Kolsch (5C – Kolsch)
- Bronze — ESB (10A – Ordinary Bitter Best Bitter)
- Gold — Viennese (3B – Vienna-style Lager)
- Gold — Cherny Bock (3F – Other Dark Lagers)
- Bronze — GPA (7B – English-style Pale Ale)
Grid City Beer Works
- Gold — Brown Ale (11B – English-style Brown Ale)
- Silver — Imperial Brown Ale (16C – Strong Beers)
- Gold — Imperial Red (12B – English-style Old Ale)
- Gold — Barrel-Aged Imperial Red (17C – Barrel-Aged Beer)
Level Crossing Brewing Co.
- Gold — Down the Road (8A – Session-style India Pale Ale)
- Silver — Dallas Alice (14A – Belgian-style Pale Ale)
- Bronze — XII XI XIII (12E – American-style Barley Wine)
- Gold — Moab Beehive Root Beer (20D – Non-alcoholic Soft Drinks)
- Bronze — Moab Desert Select Export Stout (11K – American-style Stout)
Mountain West Cider Company
- Bronze — Green Urban Lunchbox (19BC – Traditional Cider, Farmhouse-style Cider)
Offset Bier Co.
- Silver — Pale Lager (2D – Dortmunder Export)
- Silver — Tmave Pivo (3F – Other Dark Lagers)
- Bronze — Helles (2A – Helles Lager)
Proper Brewing Company
- Bronze — Proper Beer (5D – English-style Summer Ale)
- Bronze — Barleywine (17D – Barrel-Aged Strong Beer)
Red Rock Brewing
- Gold — Imperial Red Ale (10G, 12C – Double Imperial Red Ale, American-style Strong Ale)
- Bronze — Toasted Buns (1A – American-style Light Lager)
- Bronze — White Rainbow (8DF – Belgian-style Alternative India Pale Ale)
Salt Flats Brewing Co.
- Gold — Lowrider (11H – Sweet Stout)
- Gold — Sounds Gay, I Am In! (15F – American Sour Ale)
- Gold — Kveik Thai Tom Kha (18D – Herbed, Spiced Beer)
- Silver — Kveik Carrot Cake (18D – Herbed, Spiced Beer)
- Bronze — Kveik Boysenberry Pie (16D – Specialty, Historical and Experimental Beer)
- Bronze — Hogshead Reserve (17C – Barrel-Aged Beer)
- Bronze — Livli Mojito (20BC – Hard Seltzers, Rose Seltzers)
Strap Tank Brewery
- Gold — Ricardo Negra (3A – American-style Amber Lager)
- Gold — TF Helles (2A – Helles Lager)
- Gold — TF Carpenflugen (2D – Dortmunder Export)
- Gold — TF Jarda Pivo (2C – Bohemian-style Pilsner)
- Gold — TF Albion Trippel (14E – Tripel)
- Silver — TF Rauch Bier (17A – German-style Rauchbier)
- Silver — TF Cloudburst Apres All Day (21A – Collaboration Beers)
Uinta Brewing Co.
- Gold — Was Angeles (1B – American-style Standard or Premium Lager)
- Silver — Pack it Out (8A – Session-style India Pale Ale)
- Silver — Westwater Hard Seltzer – Raspberry (20A – Low Carb, Low-Calorie Hard Seltzer)
- Bronze — Westwater Hard Seltzer – Lime (20A – Low Carb, Low-Calorie Hard Seltzer)
- Bronze — Westwater Hard Limeade (20E – Hard soft drinks)
Utah Brewers Cooperative (Squatters / Wasatch)
- Gold — Wasatch Devastator (4B – Doppelbock Eisbock)
- Silver — Squatters Hells Keep (14F – Belgian-style Pale (Golden) Strong Ale)
- Silver — Wasatch Strawberry Blond (18B – Fruit Beers)
International Beer Awards
Winners were announced on June 3 as part of the 2022 Mountain Brewers Beer Fest in Idaho Falls. In 2019, over 1,950 beverages were entered into the competition.
Complete List of Winners (PDFs)
The event, in which proceeds benefit charities and non-profit organizations, has raised more than $1.8 million over the years, organizers wrote on the website.