Utah brewers were recognized at the 23rd Annual International Beer Awards (formerly the North American Beer Awards) for their beer-making excellence.
Red Rock Brewing, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2019, led Utah brewers’ efforts with five medals, including two gold. Epic Brewing Company, Hoppers Grill & Brewing Co., and Shades Brewing earned one gold apiece.
In all, 13 Utah brewers claimed 24 medals. That topped last year’s 20-medal performance at the North American Brewers Association event.
Award-Winning Utah Breweries
The following Utah breweries earned medals in the 2019 International Beer Awards (scroll further to see specific winning beers):
- Bohemian Brewery
- Bonneville Brewery
- Epic Brewing Company
- Hoppers Grill & Brewing Co.
- Kiitos Brewing
- Proper Brewing Co.
- Red Rock Brewery
- Roosters Brewing Co.
- Salt Flats Brewing Co.
- Shades Brewing
- Talisman Brewing Co.
- T.F. Brewing
- Uinta Brewing Co.
Winning Beers from Utah (Category in Parentheses)
- Bronze — Alt Bier (9G – Altbier)
- Silver — Sir Malcolm’s Stout (10G – Dry Stout)
- Bronze — Antelope Amber Ale (9A – Ordinary Bitter Best Bitter)
Epic Brewing Company
- Gold — Epic Imperial Stout (10L – Imperial Stout)
- Bronze — Brainless Belgian-Style Golden Ale (13F – Belgian-style Pale Strong Ale)
Hoppers Grill & Brewing Co.
- Gold — This is the Pilsener (2C – Bohemian-Style Pilsner)
- Bronze — Barley Wine (11E – American-Style Barley Wine)
Proper Brewing Company
- Silver — Czech Your Head (2C – Bohemian-Style Pilsner)
Red Rock Brewing
- Gold — Marvella (13E – Tripel)
- Gold — Citra Pils (1D – American-Style Pilsner or Hoppy Lager)
- Silver — White Rainbow (8E – Belgian-style India Pale Ale)
- Bronze — Biere de Mars (13C – Biere de Garde)
- Bronze — Zwickelbier (15D – Session Beer)
Roosters Brewing Co.
- Silver — Ninerbock (4C – Doppelbock)
Salt Flats Brewing Co.
- Bronze — Deuce Coupe Copper Lager (3A – American-Style Amber Lager)
- Gold — Kveik Pina Colada (18 – Specialty and Experimental Beers)
- Bronze — American Light Lager (1A – American-Style Light – Low-Calorie – Lager)
Talisman Brewing Co.
- Silver — Comin’ In Hop (8A – Session-Style India Pale Ale)
- Bronze — Uplifted (9CD – Scottish-Style Heavy or Light)
- Silver — Terpene IPA (18 – Specialty and Experimental Beers)
- Bronze — Rita is a Hose Monkey (2C – Bohemian-Style Pilsner)
Uinta Brewing Co.
- Silver — Croggy Brett Saison (14E – Brett Beer)
- Silver — Clear Daze Juicy IPA (7C – American-Style Strong Pale Ale)
- Bronze — Cutthroat Pale Ale (7B – English-Style Pale Ale)
View this post on Instagram
Still winning after all these years. Uinta Brewing brought home some more great hardware over the weekend from #northamericanbrewersassociation #naba #internationalbeerawards Clear Daze: Silver in American-Style Strong Pale Ale Cutthroat: Bronze in English-Style Pale Ale Croggy: Silver in Brett Beer To our passionate and creative brewers we say: Congratulations, and keep up the good work!
International Beer Awards
Winners were announced on May 31 as part of the 2019 Mountain Brewers Beer Fest in Idaho Falls. In 2018, the competition received over 1,900 entries, organizers said.
Complete List of Winners (PDFs)
The event, in which proceeds benefit charities and non-profit organizations, has raised more than $1.25 million over the years, organizers said in a 2018 statement.