The Brewers Association kicked off its 14th annual American Craft Beer Week®. The 2019 installment, which runs from May 13-19, celebrates America’s small and independent craft brewers.
Utah brewers, breweries, and finer beer-drinking establishments are celebrating the craft all week long. Many will release special beers, offer daily deals, and participate in beer-related events.
Here are a few highlights we came across on social media. Special shout-out to Red Rock Brewery and RoHa Brewing Project for answering our call and sending us details directly.
As always, please confirm details with the event host. The schedule is subject to change.
Red Rock Brewery
Red Rock Brewery is celebrating American Craft Beer Week with a “$2 Beer of the Day” at all three of its pub locations. The $2 beer will be determined day-of, so keep an eye out. Check out the brewery’s Instagram — it’s planning to give away a $25 gift card daily.
RoHa Brewing Project
RoHa takes over taps on May 17 at The Black Sheep Bar & Grill on Foothill from 5-9 p.m.
A week of events are planned at Bohemian Brewery, according to the brewery’s Instagram.
Here’s what Kiitos Brewing is planning for American Craft Beer Week:
In honor of American Craft Beer Week, Shades Brewing is bringing back a few of its Kveik golden sour ales, as well as a new experimental beer.
- Tuesday, May 14: Re-release of Tropical Thunder. It features guava, pineapple, and mango. Also at Beerhive Pub.
- Wednesday, May 15: Release of a new experimental light lager. Also at Dick N’ Dixie’s.
- Thursday, May 16: Re-release of Strawberry Jam Lactose Kveik, which originally made its debut on Valentine’s Day. Also at Beer Bar.
- Friday, May 17: Release of a new Kveik golden sour ale — Peach Cobbler. Also at The Bayou.
Squatters Craft Beer / Wasatch Brewery
- $2.50 12-ounce drafts all week
- Brewers Batch Specials: Helles Lager and Acapulco Gold available all week at Squatters downtown pub
- Brewers Batch Specials: Tropical Rye and Schwarzbier available all week at Wasatch Brewery in Park City
- Brewery tours at the West Side Tavern. Make sure to call (801) 466-8855 to reserve a spot.
2 Row Brewing
Midvale’s 2 Row Brewing released its All About Apricot. According to The Bayou — where you can grab a 750ml bottle — it’s the brewery’s Dangereux Belgian aged in Chardonnay barrels with Brettanomyces and apricots.
It’s also scheduled to be available at Craft by Proper on May 14 and in 2 Row’s bottle shop on May 18.
UTOG Brewing Company
Epic Brewing posted the following schedule of releases on its Instagram.
Level Crossing Brewing
The Salt Lake area’s newest brewery is offering $2.50 pint — yes, full 16-ounce pints! — specials all week. A different beer is selected each day. Here’s the lineup:
- Tuesday, May 14: American Wheat
- Wednesday, May 15: Amber Ale
- Thursday, May 16: Oat Pale Ale
- Friday, May 17: You-Tah Uncommon
- Saturday, May 18: Hazy Pale Ale
- Sunday, May 19: Kölsch
Plan Your American Craft Beer Week
For a comprehensive daily list of how Utah is celebrating American Craft Beer Week, be sure to visit the Utah Beer Blog (not affiliated with Utah Beer News). The Utah Brewers Guild also compiled a calendar outlining a few of the week’s festivities.
Updated May 16, 2019